Internet users are very impatient – people who request information and purchase products and services do not wish to be held up because of long loading times. As long as your website performance is low, your offers and well-planned designs won’t have a great effect on your target group.
How to improve your website performance
E-commerce websites and the tools behind them should be updated and optimized regularly in order to stay topical and competitive. The design of your website has a huge impact on the loading times for people who browse through – you constantly have to adjust images, HTML and CSS codes, plugins and general data on your respective landing pages to make sure that your pages and designs load properly and fast.
1. Image optimization
- Your landing pages should not contain any redundant images.
- Upload image files as JPG or PNG (images with text). GIFs and other formats slow down loading processes.
- Image size adjustment
- CSS code optimization
- Simplifying CSS codes
- Code positioning (place CSS codes in the head section)
- Plugin optimization
- Updating relevant plugins
- Categorizing plugins
- Reducing WordPress Revision Management Services